2. EAT! If you’re not eating a minimum of 1g of protein per pound of bodyyweight and at least maintenance calories, it will be biologically and mathematically impossible put on muscle.
3. SLEEP! Sleep at least 8 hours a night. This is when the tissue repairs itself and, if you've trained hard and eaten well, THE MUSCLES GROW!
4. Use big compound exercises that recruit the highest number of muscle fibers. This means squats, deadlifts and bench press - save the isolation exercises for when you have a solid foundation.
5. Eat a carbohydrate and protein dense meal post-workout. This is the best time for your body to absorb protein – you've got about 30 minutes after putting your last barbell down!
6. Drink enough water. Stay fully hydrated – this is one of the most under-rated secrets in bodybuilding.
7. Train like you mean it! Intensity is the key to bodybuilding. The mind-muscle connection isn't just a glib phrase – go slow and really FEEL the muscle work.
8. Get stronger from workout to workout. Add weight, reps, or reduce rest periods roughly every second workout.
9. Leave your ego at home. You are not training for some random gym-goer you are training for YOU! Use a weight you can handle without cheating it up and really FEEL the muscle working and growing.
10. Keep a journal. Some pro bodybuilders claim to train instinctively – the rest of us keep a diary. Record every lift and SET GOALS! You will be amazed at what you can achieve by setting a goal and methodically working towards it.
Now go get huge!
Happy lifting from realfemalebodybuilding.com